32!

Things are certainly getting on, Pip's growing bigger - fast, and I'm feeling it - but it's still a bit early to call this the "home stretch", I do believe. Keep cookin', and let me sleep while you're at it 💛

Paul's gone this week! Nana came in last weekend and took him back with her after Mass. He has a very full, Texas-themed agenda ahead of him: Bluebell factory, Houston Aquarium, HEB trips, and an Astros game, to name a few. We miss him, particularly Jack, I think, since he gets it the least. He woke up on the first day, came in with his head cocked and hands upturned, "Pau? Pau?" Very sweet.

So Ada, Jack, and I are making the most of the different (slightly lower) energy level. We're cooking together and playing together. Here I was thinking I wasn't engaging my kids enough 1-on-1, yadda yadda, but it's Paul who rules the roost when he's here! And the other two want whatever he's got on offer! Hilarious! But also kinda nice to get to play and talk with A&J this way. I'm writing this out like I didn't just have a whole school year like that to myself, but it was different! When Paul was in school, I was always working up against the clock with the other two to make sure we'd do x in time to have naps on time, to wake up in time, to pick up Paul from school. It was stressful. This is nice. And knowing Paul's getting awesome Nana&Pappy time is the cherry on top.

Here we all are last week, with Paul obviously around: reading to Thor, the library dog, doing puppet shows with the younger siblings, one of whom clearly misunderstands the objective, and sharing a blue raspberry Italian soda at a Happy Hour to celebrate a job well done on Dylan's part at work.
31 wks
Next up are snaps from Ada-Jack-Mama time, which has included making groceries, pool time, Children's Museum, snowballs, and storytime.
32 wks
And finally, here are a few tidbits from Paul's busy time, which isn't over, yet!

Comments