19 weeks

Just a couple of days after last post, Ada, Jack, and I paid a visit to Dr. Baur. I do miss the private-practice scenario we had while first pregnant back in 2011 because, boy, these visits to a big hospital's clinic sure take up a lot of time. Both kids were fantastic, had snacks, read, flipped through a food magazine saying, "Mmmm" at every burger or egg (that part was Jack...), found out that there are lots of car ads in food magazines ("vroom, vroom!"), and after a mere hour and 5 minutes, we checked the heartbeat with the doppler, answered the "how are you feeling" questions, and were free to go after just 4 minutes. I'm thankful for these two easy-going little ones, for sure, and most grateful things are going smoothly with Pip! Let's try to space these visits out, now. Next up is the halfway ultrasound! And we'll get to see how much Pip's moving, since I can already feel lots of action!
Since then, I cram-read the final book in our Well-Read Mom group before that meeting and put together another couples' retreat talk with Dylan; but this time, we go to go! We left early on Saturday the 5th for Covington while Nana took care of all three kids for us (πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š) so that we could attend the whole retreat for which we gave one of the talks. It's so special and so important to take that time for our marriage, and we're very glad it all worked out so that we could! Plus, the food is fantastic, and I've always loved something about staying in nice, neat, institution/religious-like accommodations, go figure.
On the grounds of St. Joseph Abbey in Covington, La.

Then Nana took Ada back with her to Texas! Ada's been in Houston all week, while I've had just Jack during the day, whoa. It's been pretty crazy to have one-on-one with him and, admittedly, pretty special. This busy kid just needs some direction! He's all over the place because he's desperate for a job! He has done all of my jobs with me ... something I had time for because it was "just him", and he's even taken it upon himself to potty train! Out of nowhere. Out of laziness, I left him naked earlier in the week while I was waiting for the diapers to line-dry, and bam he's running to potty without even an accident! And, boy is he proud! He calls me, I check that he did, in fact, do something, and isn't just faking for the chocolate chip (yes, we reward/bribe/use behavior modification), then he ruuuuuns to the bathroom screaming, "Yay yay yay!" We wash hands, and he gets a chocolate chip; repeat after a few minutes. He's not even 2! Both of the others were just shy of 3, so, hey, I'll take it!

This week has also been a bit of a funny family-time week because I had rehearsal for NOVO two nights in a row, one day off, and then the concert! My second concert as part of NOVO was Thursday night, and it was pretty special. I had a few difficult licks I'd worked hard on, and it worked out! The performance was recorded, too, so soon, hopefully, it'll be out there for sharing. Didn't think to take a shot of me in my all black + belly beforehand... The boys did great, though it got pretty late for them, and here we were now, prepping for a quick trip to Houston for Ginny & Ryan's housewarming party and to pick up lil Ada. Speaking of Ada, I have to mention how Jack called out for her that first morning she was gone! The kids wake up, usually Jack first, and come cuddle in our bed. Once Paul joined us, Jack got up and called for Ada to wake up and join us. It was so, so sweet. He didn't want her missing anything! We'll be together again soon.

And now for photos:
 season's first popsicles!
 May Crowning at Paul's school
Paul attended a skating birthday party recently - his first time! - and he loved it. Check out these nifty supports they have now for beginners, wow!
 Paul's and Ada's real-deal haircuts
 Mama-Baby date to Congregation
 Mr. Helpful
C'est la vie chez Nana & Pappy

 New Orleans Volunteer Orchestra and Voices of New Orleans combo concert
(If you feel so inclined, you can support this very small, very local nonprofit of volunteer musiciansπŸ“―πŸŽΆ)

And there ya have it! Next update will surely have details about Paul finishing school (πŸ˜±πŸ˜„) and some detailed ultrasound pictures, yay!

Oh, and I sprained/broke a toe. So that's annoying, but I'm trying not to whinge too much.

Comments

  1. Yay Jack! Toilet training for the win! Nice-timing. Glad to hear all is well with you and bub. I've dislocated my toe in the past. It was in ice-cold surf that numbed it so the first thing I noticed was how it was kinda dragging in the water, and then when I got out of the water to see what was going on I found that it had a disturbingly large range of movement. Five minutes later the pain set in and I had to limp to the Surf lifesavers. Grace broke/sprained her finger last week. It's taken three days for her to stop taking panadol-so solidarity from us to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness!! Neither of those sounds fun at all πŸ˜•. I've broken a toe two different times in the past, and this one felt different. But as it was late, I just went to bed with some ice. Next morning was very painful but not quite the color or size of the previous times, and I'm happy to report it's probably just badly bruised. 3 days later and I have a slight limp and a little extra color. Brother-Doctor Braud said, " doesn't look that impressive. Take some Tylenol, not much you can do." πŸ˜‚
    Feel better Gracie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And did you catch which dress Ada had on for the May Crowning?? 4th from the top! ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment