16 weeks

16 weeks strong! Off supplemental progesterone! Need food!

We met with Dr. Baur, whom we've chosen since Dr. Nobles' retirement, and Dylan and I both really liked her. She's my first non-grey-haired male doctor, she has four young boys of her own, and she likes to talk. My kinda gal! We must've met with her around week 12-ish when she told me that I could stop taking the progesterone at week 13. Or was it 14? Whatever it was, I followed those directions and stopped on Holy Thursday. My parents, and sister and brother-in-law came in for Easter weekend, during which I started getting a little energy back. Then, the following week was our big annual Easter party, so since coming off the sleep-inducing drugs + big events, I've just been catching up on things! On rest, on laundry, on meal planning, and even Paul's school things that kinda suffered, like homework, lunches, uniforms. Which is why I've been pretty silent over here on the blog. But now I'd like to think I'm back - the household is running more smoothly, hooray! I'm even not napping during naptime! It's an amazing feeling. Other than this issue, Pip seems to be doing great! I'm sleeping normally, I can do everything still, belly's getting bigger, for sure, and I just have to keep on top of feeding myself. I mean, I eat all the regular meals + a variety of little snacks here and there with the kids, but I found out this week - Monday and Wednesday, to be exact, that I have to eat (again) before 9:30am sharp or I might, oh, get light-headed and have a millisecond blackout or, say, feel queasy enough for 2minutes to think I need to run to the bathroom (and this from a girl who's not had morning sickness any of the previous 3 times)... Both times I ate something as nutritious as I could find quickly and was good to go. Funny.
In non-Pip news, let's catch up on Paul, Ada, Jack, and our goings-on!
French horn in NOVO is going great; Well Read Mom book club is going great; Dylan's finished paving the back verandah up against the house as well as the sidewalk alongside the entire length of the house as well as gotten rid of all the extra bricks from the backyard, so we have play space again! (One of these days I'll get to a post devoted solely to Dylan's makeover of our outdoor space.) Yipee! The garden's growing lovely things, the rest of Lent and start of Easter were great! Oh! And we've moved into the other side of our house; rather, we've taken over both sides. Our tenant for the past 2 years bought a house herself here on the Point, and as of March 1st, we've got a whole double-shotgun, which feels enormous. Our bedrooms are now on what was her side, leaving "our" side for all of the communal space: living, play, dining, and kitchen rooms. It's all still in progress but feels nice already. And Paul can ride a two-wheeled bike all by himself, Ada dresses in costume daily, and Jack can jump an actual jump with both feet off the ground; it's precious.

And there ya have it! I'm out of the funk and expect, God-willing, to tick along like this until I get too big and I have to slow down. And now for the photos, starting from early March to now:
moving things to the other side after polishing the old floors
 P, A, & J were so sweet, each with a bunch of flowers for my concert
 Jack hamming it up & Ada as Ariel/Belle in mermaid leggings and a Belle dress
 SoCar fish tats from Uncle Pete
 St. Joseph Shrine in Gretna's St. Joseph altar on March 19th!! And ours... 
 He gets so excited to share, and you must acknowledge him or he'll train "tooooot" for 5min straight.
 Palm Sunday before Mass ... then later for the season's first crawfish boil, mm!
 Good Friday's hot cross buns (thanks to Dylan)
 Easter Vigil
Easter morning's backyard egg hunt
Confetti eggs on Uncle Ryan!
 painting Easter basket treasures
 this guy
 Paul our photo poser with our Divine Mercy Sunday celebrations
 Ada and Jack helping to refill our kitty litter 😂
Again! THIS guy & a chocolate Easter egg from the party's hunt
One of our rain garden's gifts
watching the Tall Ships arrive for NOLA Navy Week from the levee

Next up: Saturday morning multi-sport class for the 2 big ones at the newly-joined LSU Fitness Center, where D and I, too, are hoping to benefit a little.

Comments

  1. As always...Sooo Busy! :-) and just loooove the photos! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment